June Is Migraine & Headache
Migraine and Headache Awareness Month is observed every June in the United States. The goal is to build awareness, educate the public and reduce the profound stigma associated with Migraine, Cluster Headaches and other Headache Disorders.
Awareness months for conditions and diseases sometimes carry a reputation for being nothing more than an opportunity to share an awareness ribbon and color. We're definitely emphasizing that, but there are many different ways to get involved and help promote Migraine & Headache Disorders awareness and educate others. Please keep reading to learn more about what's happening.
The information below is for MHAM 2015. Information for 2016 will be available as soon as the theme has been selected.
The theme for 2015 is Inspiring Hope. Here's the logo:
A special note about images: Many people are confused about image ownership and copyright on the Internet. Images found online are not necessarily "free for the taking," even if they appear in places such as Google Image Search. You'll see that Google's Terms of Service note that images shouldn't be assumed to be available for use. The images we use were created by Teri Robert, often using images for which she paid a licensing fee. You may use them for noncommerical purposes as long as you use them "as is," with NO alterations or changes. Thank you.
MHAM Blogging Challenge
If you want to work ahead on your posts, you may Download Awareness Month Blogging Challenge Prompts Full.doc (297.0K).
Here are the prompt titles for the 2015 Blogging Challenge:
- #MHAMBC Day 1: Favorite Hope Quote
- #MHAMBC Day 2: Peron Who Helped You Hope
- #MHAMBC Day 3: Small Headache and Migraine Hopes
- #MHAMBC Day 4: Large Migraine and Headache Hopes
- #MHAMBC Day 5: Symbol of Hope
- #MHAMBC Day 6: What song gives you hope?
- #MHAMBC Day 7: Activities / Hobbies That Build Hope?
- #MHAMBC Day 8: Pets for Comfort and Hope.
- #MHAMBC Day 9: Hope Lets Us Win. (music video(
- #MHAMBC Day 10: How do you find hope on a dark day?
- #MHAMBC Day 11: Helping Others Hope
- #MHAMBC Day 12: Birds of Hope (quote)
- #MHAMBC Day 13: What in nature brings you hope?
- #MHAMBC Day 14: Hope Lies In Dreams (quote)
- #MHAMBC Day 15: When You Believe (music video)
- #MHAMBC Day 16: What Color Is Hope?
- #MHAMBC Day 17: Hope Rises Like a Phoenix (quote)
- #MHAMBC Day 18: Hope From Our Doctors
- #MHAMBC Day 19: Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) (music video)
- #MHAMBC Day 20: Headache or Migraine Role Model
- #MHAMBC Day 21: Brave (music video)
- #MHAMBC Day 22: The Power of Friendship**
- #MHAMBC Day 23: Hope for a Cure
- #MHAMBC Day 24: Fighter (music video)
- #MHAMBC Day 25: YOUR Hope.
- #MHAMBC Day 26: Choose your own hope topic
- #MHAMBC Day 27: You Are Loved
- #MHAMBC Day 28: Hope Begins in the Dark (music video)
- #MHAMBC Day 29: What IS Hope?
- #MHAMBC Day 30: Sharing Hope
Please use these hashtags for promoting Migraine & Headache Awareness Month (MHAM) in social media:
- #MHAMBC (Blog Challenge)
Other hashtags that promote Migraine & Headache Disorders awareness in social media:
Please bookmark this page so you can always find the most current MHAM information.
Last updated July 15, 2015.